Broccoli and Squash, Steamed
1 pound broccoli, cut into spears
1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/4-inch slices
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Combine the broccoli and squash in a steamer basket and place in a saucepan over 1 inch of water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Remove vegetables from steamer; drizzle with oil mixture and toss to coat.
Makes 4 servings