Stir Fry Vegetables with Chicken, Beef or Tofu
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Stir Fry Vegetables with Chicken, Beef or Tofu (PDF)
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 1 cup
1 cup chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
5 cups sliced vegetables, fresh or frozen (celery, broccoli, zucchini,
onions, green beans, carrots, peppers)
2 cups uncooked chicken or beef or 4-ounce firm tofu in bite-size pieces
6 cups cooked brown rice
- Mix together broth, soy sauce, corn starch, and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet and add vegetables.
- Cook 5 minutes over high heat; shake pan often.
- Remove vegetables from pan.
- Add more oil if needed and place beef, chicken, or tofu in the skillet. Stir and cook uncovered over high heat until cooked thoroughly.
- Lower heat. Return vegetables to skillet.
- Pour broth mixture over vegetables and tofu or meat, stirring constantly. Cook about 2 minutes or until liquid thickens.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice.
- Refrigerate leftovers.