Two-Bite Black Bean Brownies
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Two-Bite Black Bean Brownies (PDF)
Makes 20 servings
½ cup quick oats, ground until fine or 1/4 cup oat flour
1 ½ cups (1 – 15.25 ounce can) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
½ teaspoon baking powder
⅓ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor or blender, and blend until completely smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 pan.
- Optional: sprinkle extra chocolate chips or walnuts over the top.
- Cook the black bean brownies for 25-30 minutes, then let cool for at least 10 minutes before trying to cut.
- If they still look a bit undercooked, you can place them in the fridge overnight and they will firm up.
- We love to use local Maine maple syrup in this recipe!