Wraps Your Way
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Wraps Your Way (PDF)
Serves: 1 | Serving Size: 1 wrap
1 teaspoon spread (low-fat mayonnaise, dressing, mustard, or mashed avocado)
1⁄2 cup vegetables, shredded, sliced, or chopped (lettuce, tomato, slaw mix, cucumber, onion, carrot)
1 (8-inch) whole wheat tortilla
1 ounce cooked sliced chicken or beef, 1⁄4 cup tuna, 1 hard-cooked egg, or 1⁄4 cup refried beans
1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- Mix the spread and the vegetables together.
- Spoon on the meat, egg, or beans
- Spread vegetable mixture on tortilla and sprinkle on the cheese.
- Roll up and eat or wrap in a paper towel and heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the cheese.
- 1 ounce of meat is about 1⁄3 the thickness of a deck of playing cards.
- This recipe’s nutrition facts are based on using low-fat mayonnaise and white chicken meat.