Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
- Templates (formerly Canned Responses) – set up template emails for frequently used responses.
- Compose an email with the frequently used information.
- If you have an automatic signature included in your email, delete it from this draft.
- Click on the three horizontal dots next to the trash can at the bottom of your email and choose “templates”, then “save draft as template” and “save as new template”. Then give your template a name.
- When you want to send this template message, open a new message, enter your recipient and a subject then click the menu dots and choose “templates” and the appropriate template from the list.
- Your email will populate with the template message and you can edit any details as needed.
- In Sheets you can add a strip of color to the tabs at the bottom of the screen (maybe help a particular one stand out) by clicking on the arrow next to the name of the tab and choose “change color” and then select a color from the pop out menu.
Shared Drive (formerly Team Drive) vs Shared with me
- “Shared Drives” are not owned by any individual.
- Everyone listed as a “member” of the Shared Drive has equal ownership of all the documents in the Drive folder (including any subfolders). You can still give different levels of membership (Content Manager, Contributor, Viewer, Commentor).
- “Non-members” can be shared on individual documents within the Shared Drive but not on individual subfolders.
- If a member is removed from the Shared Drive, their access to all folders and documents in the Shared Drive are removed. Non-members need to be added or removed from each document individually.
- To change how often and/or how many emails you receive from a Group list:
- Go to Google Groups (from the same menu where you access Google Drive)
- Click on “My Groups”
- To the right of each group, there is a drop-down box where you can choose how you receive messages from the group: [Groups is in the process of changing formats so the wording may be different depending on which version of Groups you are using.]
- “Don’t send any emails” [classic Groups] or “No email” [new Groups]
- “Send Daily Summaries” [classic Groups] or “Abridged” [new Groupst]
- “Combined Updates (25 messages per email)” [classic Groups] or “Digest” [new Groups]
- “Every New Message” [classic Groups] or “Each Email” [new Groups]
- If you choose not to receive any emails, you will need to go to the Groups page any time you want to see what messages have been sent.
- The Digest and Abridged versions will have an option to click over to the Groups page to see the full individual messages.
- Jump to a specific date:
- With the calendar open, press “g” on your keyboard.
- A box will appear for you to type in a date and hit go!
- Need to make sure you get reminders for all the events on your calendar?
- You can set reminders manually for each event or
- You make notifications a default on your calendar:
- Click on the “gear” symbol and click “settings”
- Choose the specific calendar you want to edit in the list on the left (general calendar settings do not off the option for default notifications)
- Scroll in the center section to “Event Notifications” and click “add notification” and enter the details. There is a separate process for notifications on All Day Events directly below Even Notifications.