Section Three: Personnel
For a wealth and variety of important information related to human resource matters, University of Maine Cooperative Extension employees are urged to review the appropriate collective bargaining agreement between the University of Maine System and the following groups:
- Associated Faculties of the University of Maine System (AFUM)
- Associated C.O.L.T. Staff of the University of Maine System (COLT)
- University of Maine System Professional Staff Association (UMPSA).
These agreements are available online at University of Maine System Labor Relations. Follow the links as appropriate.
UMaine Extension Personnel Policies
- Section 3.1 Recruitment and Hiring
- For information about the steps to fill a position within UMaine Extension go to Steps in the Hiring Process.
- Section 3.2 Faculty Evaluation Process
- Section 3.3 Performance Appraisal
- Supervisors should send completed evaluations to the Executive Director’s office for required signatures and forwarding to UMaine HR.
- Manager Resources / Overview
- Section 3.4 Professional Development
- Section 3.5 Civil Rights/Equal Employment Opportunity Guidelines
- Section 3.6 Employee Benefits
- Section 3.7 UM Smoking Policies
- Or go directly to Tobacco-Free Campus
- Section 3.8 UM Policy on Sexual Harassment
- Or go directly to The University of Maine Policy on Sexual Harassment
- Section 3.9 UM Conflict of Interest Policy
- Or go directly to The University of Maine System Conflict of Interest Policy
- Section 3.10 Limited Activities