Maine Farmer Wellness Fund
Image credit: @rnicolestudio, rights reserved.
The application period for the Maine Farmer Wellness Fund is now open until September 30th! Distributed in amounts of $100, $250, or $500, these funds can be used to support Maine farmers and farm workers in their mental health and wellness needs. This project has been made possible through the Maine Farm and Ranch Stress Assistance Network. Farmer wellness is broadly defined and there is a wide range of eligible uses for this fund including therapy, childcare, acupuncture, massage, traditional healers and other supports that help reduce stress. Farm workers are defined as anyone involved with agricultural work, including forestry products and aquaculture.
- All commercial Maine farmers (including aquaculture and forestry workers)
- Farmworkers based on a Maine farm
- Indigenous food and medicine producers
To recognize systemic barriers to access, the following individuals will be prioritized if applications exceed funding:
- Farmworkers. If you are a farm manager, thank you for sharing this form with your staff.
- Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC)
- Applications submitted in Spanish, Haitian Creole, or Maay Maay
For more information and to apply see the Maine Farmer Wellness Fund application form, El Fondo de Bienestar para Trabajadores de Agricultura en Maine formulario de aplicación, or Fon Byennèt Fèmye agrikiltè nan Maine fom aplikasyon. Want to apply over the phone? Please call Izzy for English at 207.570.8308, Cynthia for Haitian Creole at 207.800.5112, and Maria for Spanish at 207.800.7605.