Garlic is a member of the Allium family, which includes onions, chives, and leeks. Garlic originated in central Asia, and has been grown for 5,000 years in Egypt and India. Found as an important ingredient in many cuisines, garlic is an easy-to-grow, high value crop that is increasingly popular in Maine with farmers and gardeners.
To buy or sell seed garlic, visit the Maine Seed Garlic Directory.
- Bloat Nematode in Maine Garlic, Bulletin #1205
- Blue Mold of Garlic, Bulletin #1206
- Botrytis Neck Rot in Maine Garlic, Bulletin #1207
- Embellisia Skin Blotch of Garlic, Bulletin #1204
- Garlic Bloat Nematode Testing (Word | PDF)
- Growing Hardneck Garlic in Your Maine Garden, Bulletin #2063
- Growing Healthy Garlic: Curing and Disease Issues
- Increased Profits from Disease-Free Garlic Planting Stock
- Maine Garlic Pest Field Notebook | PDF
- The Maine Garlic Project, Journal of Extension
- White Rot of Garlic and Onions, Bulletin #2062