Kale and White Bean Soup
Number of Servings: 4 | Serving Size: 1 cup
6-8 leaves of kale (about 3-4 cups)
1 can (14.5 ounces) white beans
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup onion
4 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- Wash and chop kale and onion into small pieces (no larger than ½ inch square.)
- Drain and rinse white beans. Set aside.
- Heat oil in soup pot.
- Add chopped onions, sauté until translucent.
- Add kale to onions and sauté for 3-5 minutes, or until kale is bright green.
- Add chicken broth and rinsed and drained white beans, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes.
Make more hearty by adding leftover cooked, chopped chicken, turkey or sweet sausage.