Pumpkin Seeds, Roasted
Makes 4 servings | Serving size: 1/4 cup
1 pumpkin (using 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds)
1 Tbsp olive oil
Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Carve the pumpkin, and separate pumpkin seeds from the stringy pulp.
- Rinse raw pumpkin seeds in a colander under cold running water, and shake or pat seeds dry with a paper towel.
- In a bowl, toss seeds in olive oil and salt.
- Spread seeds on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Roast seeds in oven for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- For extra flavor, sprinkle the roasted pumpkin seeds with your favorite seasoning. Try garlic, onion, or parmesan cheese. Store in a covered container.