Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
Lesson 3 Quiz Answers
- Check to make sure the fence is legal to build
- Generally less expensive. Easier to install. Less costly to maintain.
- The ability of the fence to deliver an unpleasant shock to animals that touch it.
- Energizer; Grounding; The fence design
- Buy on price alone; Skimp on joule rating
- Poor grounding
- Spinning Jenny; lead end
- pasture management
- Reel; Won’t work
- Metal “T” posts — advantages: strong; disadvantages: labor intensive to install and remove, requires insulators
Fiberglass rods — advantages: inexpensive; disadvantages: splinter, require clips, more time consuming than tread-in posts
Tread-In Posts — advantages: convenience, premolded loops provide plenty of wire spacing options; disadvantages: more expensive, difficult to install in dry conditions.