Maine Pasture Management Course
This self-study course was originally developed as a correspondence course by the University of Minnesota. With permission, we modified portions of the course for Maine as well as converted it to an online offering. One of the benefits of taking a self-study course is that you can move through the material at your own pace.
There are seven sections to the course. You may also print each lesson (without additional photos and video clips) by selecting the PDF option. Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF documents (download Acrobat Reader).
There is a quiz at the end of each lesson. Answers are provided separately.
- Lesson 1. Planning a Grazing System (PDF)
- Lesson 2. Plant Species Selection (PDF)
- Lesson 3. Fencing Systems (PDF)
- Lesson 4. Weed Control in Pastures (PDF)
- Lesson 5. Grazier’s Arithmetic (PDF)
- Lesson 6. Managing for a Year-Long Forage Supply (PDF)
- Lesson 7. Livestock Water Supply (PDF)
For more information, contact Gary Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.