Resources for County Extension Association Executive Committee Members
The mission of University of Maine Cooperative Extension is to help Maine people improve their lives through an educational process that uses research-based knowledge focused on issues and needs.
This site provides information to support County Executive Committee members who are volunteers with county offices and serve in an advisory role.
Contact Jen Lobley with questions on these County Executive Committee Resources.
County Executive Committee Member Roles and Responsibilities
- Job Description
- Roles and Responsibilities for County Executive Committee members, county staff, and state administrators
An Introduction to University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- History of Cooperative Extension: In 2014, Land-Grant University System and National Institute of Food and Agriculture celebrated 100 years of Cooperative Extension in the United States. In the century since its creation, this nationwide educational and outreach network has … (read more)
- Welcome to UMaine Cooperative Extension
- Current UMaine Extension Annual Report
- What’s Happening in Your County? For more information visit:
- Strategies for Recruiting County Executive Committee Members
- Executive Committee Orientation Slideshow Template (Powerpoint). This file is stored in Box; if you are not a staff member, click on the “Not a part of University of Maine System?” link to access the presentation). Staff members: Slide and note section edits can be tailored to include county-specific information by downloading the slide deck.
- Organizational Materials