- Building an Accessible V-Bed Garden (Bulletin #2574)
- Assessible Gardens — How-to articles and videos to help you build raised beds, plant, and harvest produce from your accessible garden. Find detailed plans for garden designs, raised beds, and sources for manufactured raised beds. Check out the library of PDFs on many subjects. Download for viewing off-line or printing from your computer. Also included is a list of National Organizations that are dedicated to helping disabled people and their families, Accessible Gardens to visit, and 70 great gardening blogs.
- Gardening Forever Resource Sheet (PDF)
- Health and Safety Tips for Gardeners with Disabilities (PDF)
- Overview of Accessible Gardening Tools & Tips (PDF)
Safe Lifting Techniques
Safe Stretching Techniques
Safe Harvesting Techniques
Carry On Gardening — Based in the United Kingdom, this website has comprehensive and specific information on gardening with vision loss, weak grip, bending problems, one hand, and emotional challenges, as well as resources for gardeners who have experienced a stroke and heart disease. Information applicable to production growers and home gardeners.
Simple Solutions: Ergonomics for Farm Workers — This publication from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides basic information on ergonomics for farm workers and includes tip sheets for making low-cost tools and modifications. Check out the special cart for harvesting greens and the ergonomically designed blueberry rakes!
- Simple Solutions: Ergonomics for Farm Workers (English) [PDF]
- Soluciones Simples: Ergonomía Para Trabajadores Agrícolas [PDF]
Guide to Selecting Non-Powered Hand Tools — Illustrated guide that clearly explains why little changes in tools really do make a significant difference.