Compiled by Jason Lilley, UMaine Extension Sustainable Agriculture Professional in Cumberland County
This site is intended as a list of resources that will accumulate over time. If you have a specific topic that you would like to know more about, please contact Jason Lilley at email@example.com.
Southern Maine Farmer Listservs
The purpose of these lists is to help growers help one another to be successful in their enterprises. These lists are intended to connect growers to buy and sell items from each other, to connect for buying in bulk, and to find equipment, supplies, and land that can be shared and loaned. Sharing of experiences with products, production and management knowledge, and navigating topics such as insurance, labor, and financing are encouraged. Extension Educators and other service providers are also encouraged to join and contribute to the discussion.
Check out the Southern Maine Farmer Listserv User Guidelines (PDF) for more information on signing up
Farm Answers: A USDA Clearinghouse for Farm Related Resources
- IPM Newsletters by Crop
- New England Fruit and Vegetable Management Guide
- Become a Member of the Maine Vegetable and Small Fruit Growers Association and receive a Fruit and Veg Management Guide FREE!
- Northeast Vegetable & Strawberry Pest Identification Guide (PDF)
Submitting Various Samples for ID or Analysis
- List of labs to submit air, animal necropsy, water, forage, insects and diseases, soil and manure, pesticides, milk, plants, etc. for ID or analysis.
Farm Record Keeping Templates
Understanding Regulatory Issues
The Farm Transition Process for Beginning and Exiting Farmers
Written by Ruby Nelson of Pine Root Farm in Steep Falls
- Five Models to Address Food Access Through Your Farm Business (Word)
- Five Models to Address Food Access Through Your Farm Business (PDF)
These links are provided purely for educational purposes. No responsibility is assumed for any content on the linked sites.