Compiled by Jason Lilley, UMaine Extension Sustainable Agriculture Professional in Cumberland County
This site is intended as a list of resources that will accumulate over time. If you have a specific topic that you would like to know more about, please contact Jason Lilley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maine Vegetable and Berry Growers email listserv
The Maine Vegetable and Berry Growers email listserv is open to all commercial growers, organic and conventional, with these aims:
- To help growers to buy and sell items from each other, to connect for buying in bulk, and to find equipment, supplies, and land that can be shared and loaned.
- Sharing of experiences with products, production and management knowledge, and navigating topics such as insurance, labor, and financing are encouraged. Extension educators and other service providers are also encouraged to join and contribute to the discussion.
To subscribe, send an email to: email@example.com
You will receive a confirmation email when you have been added.
After you have been added to the list, you can post by sending an email to: MEVEG-BERRY@lists.maine.edu
You may additionally create a login at www.lists.maine.edu where you can select preferred options for the way you receive emails from the list (i.e., “traditional” where you receive each email at the time it is posted, or “digest” which will group all of that days posts into one email per day).
Please read and follow the Maine Vegetable and Berry Listserv Guidelines (PDF) before posting.
Farm Answers: A USDA Clearinghouse for Farm Related Resources
- IPM Newsletters by Crop
- New England Fruit and Vegetable Management Guide
- Become a Member of the Maine Vegetable and Small Fruit Growers Association and receive a Fruit and Veg Management Guide FREE!
- Northeast Vegetable & Strawberry Pest Identification Guide (PDF)
Submitting Various Samples for ID or Analysis
- List of labs to submit air, animal necropsy, water, forage, insects and diseases, soil and manure, pesticides, milk, plants, etc. for ID or analysis.
Farm Record Keeping Templates
Understanding Regulatory Issues
The Farm Transition Process for Beginning and Exiting Farmers
Written by Ruby Nelson of Pine Root Farm in Steep Falls
- Five Models to Address Food Access Through Your Farm Business (Word)
- Five Models to Address Food Access Through Your Farm Business (PDF)
These links are provided purely for educational purposes. No responsibility is assumed for any content on the linked sites.