Farm Food Safety Planning Made Simple
Increase Customer Satisfaction, Product Quality, and Lower Risk with Your Farm Food Safety Plan
What you will learn:
- The essential parts of the farm food safety plan: what should be there
- Identify Produce Safety risks specific to your farm using a farm map
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs): why they are important and how to write SOPs that work
- Best practices for cleaning and sanitizing: what, when, how
- Training staff on hygiene and health: what do they need to know
- Record keeping saves the day: how to stay on top of it
- Roundtable on Recalls from Farm to Store Management: both sides of the story
NOTE: This is not a Produce Safety Alliance Grower Training course. For certification, see Upcoming Grower Training Courses.
University of Maine Cooperative Extension:
- Robson Machado, Assistant Extension Professor and Food Science Specialist
- Christina Howard, Produce Safety Professional
University of New Hampshire Extension:
- Mary Saucier Choate, Food Safety Specialist
- Heather Bryant, Fruit & Vegetable Production Specialist
- Seth Wilner, Agricultural Business Management Specialist
If you are a person with a disability and need an accommodation to participate in this program, please contact Christina Howard, UMaine Cooperative Extension Produce Safety Professional/Risk Management Crop Insurance Educator, Highmoor Farm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207.570.2868 (cell). Receiving requests for accommodations at least 10 days before the program provides a reasonable amount of time to meet the request, however, all requests will be considered.
Funding for this statement, publication, press release, etc. was made possible, in part, by the Food and Drug Administration through grant PAR-16-137. The views expressed in written materials or publications and by speakers and moderators do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the Department of Health and Human Services; nor does any mention of trade names, commercial practices, or organization imply endorsement by the United States Government.