Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Oatmeal Packets Recipe and Instruction Sheet (PDF).
Serves: 1 | Serving size: 1 packet
1⁄2 cup quick oats
1 cup water or milk
Apple Cinnamon option
Add 1 teaspoon sugar, 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons apples (chopped and dried)
Cinnamon Raisin option
Add 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar, 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons raisins
Cinnamon Spice option
Add 1 teaspoon sugar, 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
Add 1 teaspoon baking cocoa and 1 teaspoon sugar, or 2 teaspoons “quick-type” chocolate drink powder
Add 1 teaspoon sugar or 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar
- Put quick oats and optional ingredients into a plastic snack or sandwich bag.
- Seal bag and store for future use.
- When ready to use, empty packet into microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup of water or milk.
- Microwave on high 2 1⁄2-3 minutes.
- Stir before serving.
- Top with sliced fruit or dried fruit like banana chips or cranberries
- Add small pieces of walnuts or almonds