Administrative Specialist CL2 Tanglewood & Blueberry Cove 4-H Center (id:75552)
UMaine’s 4-H Centers offer outdoor and experiential learning programs for youth and adults, including summer camp, onsite day and residential programming for schools, inclassroom outreach, and college and adult contract programs. Operations and program management are performed in a team setting. The Administrative Specialist is a key member of the 4-H Center’s year-round team providing crucial operations, office, financial, human resources, and grant management support. The position will be based at the University of Maine 4-H Camp and Learning Centers in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor, Maine.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Financial / Operations Support
- Perform bookkeeping and administrative work relating to accounts receivable as well as accounts payable systems
- Operate a cash drawer, with responsibility for cash reconciliation of drawers and safe; handle deposits; reconcile non-cash transactions; make bank deposits
- Communicate with vendors, contractors, and customers regarding payments: respond to questions and make calls regarding overdue bills and billing problems; acts as a liaison between department and vendors
- Perform payroll and human resources-related work, requiring professional interactions with UMaine HR and payroll departments
- Monitor budget transactions and assist with budget preparation, research, general ledger reconciliation, and reporting; prepare journal entries and assist with preparing monthly financial statements and reports
- Provide complex administrative support: maintaining data, preparing and distributing documents and materials
- Compose, edit, and review a variety of standard and/or specialized correspondence, reports, documents, applications, forms, memos, etc.
- Act as a receptionist: screen calls, visitors, and mail
- Maintain a complex filing system and database, at times processing confidential information
- Support staff in scheduling and preparing for meetings, conferences, and travel
- Order, receive, and inventory equipment and supplies
- Work in collaboration with others to develop marketing materials
- Set up and maintain standard web pages and social media sites; work in collaboration with others to prepare related content
- Provide grant research and tracking, proposal, and reporting support
- Develop and maintain professional relationships that reflect courtesy, civility, and mutual respect.
- Serve on organizational committees as appropriate.
- Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated skill in managing multiple tasks and prioritizing workloads
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of MarketPlace or similar ordering system
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as strong organizational and customer service skills
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively in a team-oriented environment with strict attention to detail
- Proven record of or clear understanding of how to handle confidential information
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in office settings, performing a variety of routine to non-routine clerical and administrative support responsibilities and tasks.
- Knowledge of the University of Maine Cooperative Extension and its educational programs.
- Experience working with diverse audiences; knowledge of diversity, equity, and inclusion; and understanding of equal opportunity, affirmative action, and civil rights policies.
Dates and Compensation:
- Review of applications effective immediately and will continue until filled
- This is a part-time, regular position, 30 hours per week. Daily work hours will be determined in consultation and with approval from the supervisor. This position pays $17.26/hour or an appropriate transfer rate.
- The University of Maine System is considered a federal contractor and therefore required to comply with the directives of civil authorities regarding COVID vaccinations. As of January 4, 2022, new hires are required to be fully vaccinated or have submitted a request for a religious or medical exemption on or prior to their start date. Further information can be found here.
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).