Facilities Worker: grounds and housekeeping
Facilities Worker: grounds, housekeeping, maintenance
The essential duties of this position are to maintain sanitation and grounds at the University of Maine 4-H Camps at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove. This position is part-time seasonal (May-October) and is located in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor, Maine.
The 4-H Camps at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove provide environmentally-focused programs for Maine youth and families in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor. Our mission is to teach youth and adults to be effective and caring citizens of the earth through affordable environmental education and fun nature-based experiences.
- Perform general janitorial duties including cleaning sinks, toilets, and showers on a daily basis; sweeping and mopping; and ensuring all soap and paper products are regularly stocked.
- Maintain facilities and grounds, including mowing, weeding, gardening, trimming trees, and picking up litter.
- Operate and maintains a variety of vehicles, equipment, and tools; complete routine maintenance on equipment, tools, and vehicles.
- Make minor building repairs, move furniture and equipment, and perform related duties.
- Follow proper safety protocols when handling and working with materials and chemicals associated with cleaning.
- Report maintenance issues and equipment failures as appropriate.
- Maintain inventory within assigned area of responsibility.
- Adhere to safety procedures, including reporting mechanical and/or safety issues.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature as assigned.
- Ability to follow directions and work independently
- Ability to provide exemplary customer service
- Ability to perform manual labor
- Ability to understand Material Safety Data Sheets
- Ability to pass required safety training
- Communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
Positions in this class typically require the Ability to perform physical activities that require talking, hearing, seeing, and considerable and repetitive use of arms and legs and moving the entire body, such as reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, feeling, climbing, lifting, bending, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Heavy work: The ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Lifting and exerting a force of more than 50 pounds requires assistance by another employee (s) or mechanical assistance. Individual forces must never exceed 50 pounds. Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, fumes, odors, dust, poor ventilation, chemicals, and/or oils.
- Part-time, 30 hours per week
- $15.51 per hour (pre-tax)
- Optional rustic housing available, meals during programming
Apply online at https://extension.umaine.edu/tanglewood/employment/. For more information please contact email@example.com
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).