Food Service Supervisor
Food Services Supervisor
The kitchen staff at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove work closely with the directors to ensure the dietary needs of everyone at camp are met. The Food Services Supervisor will work with the camp director in ordering food, creating schedules, and making sure the kitchen is kept at Maine State health code standards. This position is part-time seasonal (April-October) and is located in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor, Maine.
The 4-H Camps at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove provide environmentally-focused programs for Maine youth and families in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor. Our mission is to teach youth and adults to be effective and caring citizens of the earth through affordable environmental education and fun nature-based experiences. For the 2023 program season, the Food Services Supervisor will prepare 2-3 meals per day for up to 100 people.
- Prepare and cook healthy meals and snacks for the camp, using whole foods and fresh produce
- Safely operate commercial cooking equipment: mixer, dishwasher, and stoves; know when machines and knives need repair and specialized cleaning.
- Work as part of a team with other cooks and kitchen assistants in all aspects of food service operations
- Oversee and assist staff in safe food preparation, serving, and clean-up.
- Model safe and efficient ways of working in a commercial kitchen.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen facility in compliance with State of Maine standards and regulations.
- Work with directors in menu planning, food ordering, and preparing menus.
- Utilize produce from the camp’s garden.
- Pack up food after each meal and help clean the kitchen so it is ready for the next meal to begin.
- Follow established protocols for the camp composting program.
- Prior experience cooking nutritious and wholesome foods for large groups in a commercial kitchen
- Understanding of food allergies/dietary restrictions and how to safely accommodate them
- High safety and sanitation standards
- Current ServSafe Food Safety Manager Certification
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work a demanding schedule
- Flexible, team player
- Training and/or experience in sanitation, food preparation and protection, hygiene, and record-keeping
- Complete health screening and appropriate background checks
- Part-time or full-time options, 20-40 hours per week
- $20.20/hour per hour (pre-tax)
- Optional rustic housing and meals during programming are available
Apply online at https://extension.umaine.edu/tanglewood/online-application-form/. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).