Kitchen Assistant (prep-cook)/Dishwasher
The 4-H Camps at Tanglewood and Blueberry Cove provide environmentally focused summer camps for Maine youth in Lincolnville and Tenants Harbor. Programs emphasize community living, respect for others, fun, safety, responsibility, and the joy of being a part of the natural world. Our mission is to teach and inspire people from Maine and beyond to be effective and caring citizens of the earth through affordable environmental education and fun nature based experiences. We strive to develop lifelong skills and a sense of community spirit.
- Assist cooks with kitchen duties every morning, afternoon, and/or evening depending on program season: food prep, baking, dish washing, laundry, cleaning, etc.
- Wash and sanitize dishes according to established protocols. Monitor dish machine to ensure proper operation.
- Regularly clean dish machine and auxiliary equipment.
- Ensure proper and timely trash removal; regularly clean trash containers.
- Follow established protocols for composting.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen, including equipment, counters, and floors.
- Return all equipment and facilities in good conditions upon completion of program.
- Role model healthy living, positive energy, clear communication, and good stewardship for the environment.
- High safety and sanitation standards
- Attention to detail
- Flexible, team player
- Training and/or experience in sanitation, food preparation and protection, hygiene, and record keeping
Dates and Compensation:
- $12/hour, flexible work hours
- April – October, 3-7 month appointments available
- Hiring for positions at Tanglewood in Lincolnville and Blueberry Cove in Tenants Harbor
- Shared, rustic housing available
To Apply: Please mail/fax/email cover letter, resume, and references to: Director, 1 Tanglewood Road, Lincolnville, ME 04849. Fax: 207-789-5220. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
The University of Maine is an EEO/AA employer, and does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender expression, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information or veteran’s status in employment, education, and all other programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Sarah E. Harebo, Director of Equal Opportunity, 101 North Stevens Hall, University of Maine, Orono, ME 04469-5754, 207.581.1226, TTY 711 (Maine Relay System).