Welcome to Cooperative Extension: Garden & Yard
University of Maine Cooperative Extension provides home gardeners with practical, how-to solutions based on university research.
- Ask a gardening question.
- Diagnose a problem.
- See our calendar of upcoming classes and events.
- Register for upcoming classes and events.
- Learn more about becoming a Master Gardener or Maine Harvest for Hunger volunteer.
Find garden & yard information about:
For timely information throughout the gardening season,
see Maine Home Garden News.
June is the month to…
- Start harvesting your early crops, like lettuce and spinach.
- Visit a local strawberry farm to pick your own summer fruit. You can find a farm near you at the Maine Department of Agriculture’s website. When you get home, enjoy your berries fresh or preserve them by freezing or making jam. Learn more in Bulletin #4036, Let’s Preserve Berries and Bulletin #4039, Let’s Preserve Jellies, Jams, and Spreads.