University of Maine Cooperative Extension is committed to working with staff to find the best options. Please note: If your request cannot be accommodated with our available resources, we do have external vendors/guidelines that we can recommend.*
If you have an online course/class proposal or idea with funding to support, please contact your Program Administrator.
- Utilize the content management system and tools provided.
- Add content, engage, interact with Web audience.
- Social Media/Web 2.0 tools
- Build public and private online spaces for interactive dialogue with customers.
- Communicate with audiences; a conversation. Tools include video, chat, comments section, and more.
- Timely, timeless information that can be educational in under 3 minutes.
- Contact your Program Administrator if needed. If there is any question about the programmatic utility of a video segment or series, please discuss your plans with your PA to help determine if this medium will meet your educational/marketing goals for the intended audience at an affordable cost with the resources available.
- Contact the Video Production Professional. Contact Dana Rickman who will help with your planning process, reviewing the intended target audience and timeline, help determine the external vendor and estimated cost* if needed, and facilitate compliance with UMaine brand and production standards. Dana will work with the UMaine Division of Marketing and Communication and the Dean as needed for final approval before making the file(s) available on the UMaine Extension YouTube channel for use in your program(s).
If creating your own videos: See Video Tip Sheet/Checklist: Preparation and Presentation for guidelines and recommendations. Steps 1 and 2 of the process remain applicable.
Examples might include mobile application creation or other educational technology applications. If your request cannot be accommodated by our available resources, we do have external vendors/guidelines that we can recommend.
Outsourcing recommendations/guidelines: Funding must come from funds managed by a County office, Plan of Work Issue Area Groups or funds received from grants. Requests for funding beyond these sources should be made through your Program Administrator once the project cost is known and before the project is begun.
If you would like to learn more in general about these tools, please contact the Extension Communications and Marketing Team at email@example.com.