University of Maine Cooperative Extension is committed to working with staff to find the best options. Please note: If your request cannot be accommodated with our available resources, we do have external vendors/guidelines that we can recommend.*
If you have an online course/class proposal or idea with funding to support, please contact your Program Administrator.
- Utilize the content management system and tools provided.
- Add content, engage, interact with Web audience.
- Social Media/Web 2.0 tools
- Build public and private online spaces for interactive dialogue with customers.
- Communicate with audiences; a conversation. Tools include video, chat, comments section, and more.
- Timely, timeless information that can be educational in under 3 minutes.
- Contact your Program Administrator. Discuss your plans with your Program Administrator to determine if a video segment is an appropriate choice to reach your educational/marketing goals for the intended audience at an affordable cost with the resources available.
- Contact the Project Professional. The Project Professional will help with your planning process, reviewing the intended target audience and timeline, help determine the vendor and estimated cost*, and facilitate compliance with UMaine brand standards.
- Contact the Dean. The Dean will determine the priority of the project within the ongoing list of projects under development. After approval by the Dean, the completed video will be shared with the UMaine Division of Marketing and Communication for final approval. Once complete, the segment will be available for your educational programming, marketing and/or to be posted to the UMaine Extension YouTube channel.
- Examples might include mobile application creation and so on.
If your request cannot be accommodated by our available resources, we do have external vendors/guidelines that we can recommend.
Outsourcing recommendations/guidelines: Funding must come from funds managed by a County office, Plan of Work Issue Area Groups or funds received from grants. Requests for funding beyond these sources should be made through your Program Administrator once the project cost is known and before the project is begun.
If creating your own videos: See Video Tip Sheet/Checklist: Preparation and Presentation.
If you would like to learn more in general about these tools please contact the Extension Communications and Marketing Team at email@example.com.