- February 1: ESE Intent to Participate Forms Due in Franklin County Office.
- February 23, 2019: State 4-H Dairy Quiz Bowl, UMA in the Randall Student Center Room 218. Snow date is Saturday, February 24 (same location).
- April 13: State Dairy Judging in Waldo County.
- May 1: Approval and Lease Forms are due in county office to be eligible for ESE.
- July 21: State 4-H Dairy activities: grilled cheese competition, and clipping contest held at the Windsor fair grounds during Maine 4-H days.
- State 4-H Dairy Show at the Windsor Fairgrounds.
- 4-H Contract for Rental/Lease of Dairy Animals: Word | PDF
- Animal Approval Form for 4-H Animal Shows: Word | PDF
- Packet: will be posted when it is available.
Dairy Project Resources
- University of Wisconsin 4-H Dairy Cattle site: A good source of information. Features a revolving judging contest, quiz bowl section, links to all the breed associations, publications, etc.
- Two Year Dairy Colleges
- Four Year Dairy Colleges
- University of Minnesota Fact Sheet (PDF): Judging Dairy Cattle
Standard Equipment Box for Dairy and Livestock Members Descriptions
Dairy Quiz Bowl Questions and Practice
- Hoard’s Dairyman Youth Corner Dairy Quizzes: The youth quiz section of the website has questions from each issue. This magazine is a reference for the state and Big E Dairy Quiz Bowls.
- University of Wisconsin Questions
- Virginia Tech Questions
For more information on educational programs in your area, contact your county Extension office.