April 28, 2020 Woody Ornamental Plants
Hi Master Gardener Friends,
Thanks again for your terrific questions and doing a great job responding to Marjorie’s questions. It’s great to know you’re out there and enjoying the class.
Resources mentioned in class
- Tick prevention – please share this link widely
- Garden in Hermon (where the magnolias are blooming) http://ecotat.org/
- Native Plant Finder website that offers incredible info about the role native plants play in supporting insect populations.
- Here’s a really nice tool sharpening article with video. Diasharp was the file Marjorie mentioned.
- Brands of pruning tools mentioned: silky, fleco, ars and zubat
- Pupae photo (attached) submitted in the chat today. I can’t remember who asked, so I’m sending the answer to all of you. Clay thinks it’s one of the larger Noctuid species, but isn’t sure because pupae are really challenging to identify.
I have truly enjoyed having the opportunity to connect one-on-one with many of you in the past few weeks. Here are a few times I’d like to connect with more of you next week. Please remember you’re welcome to email anytime!
- Home Composting Basics
- How to Home Compost: A Compost Recipe
- Worm Composting
- MOFGA fact sheets — Look for
- Composting in the Backyard or on a Small Farm
Optional: dive deeper into additional resources in the compost section of our manual.
Have a great week!