May 19, 2020 Weed & Plant Disease Management
Hi Master Gardeners,
Looking forward to seeing you next Tuesday for our last spring MGV training session (Vegetables, part 2).
- Get your hands dirty!
- Please complete this survey for Dr. Alicyn Smart.
Mentioned in class
- UMaine Weed Management Videos
- Weed seedling ID guide
- https://www.inaturalist.org/ and https://identify.plantnet.org/– plant ID tools mentioned in class. I have not experienced using either one. Let me know what you think if you try it.
- Animation shown during break https://thekidshouldseethis.com/post/story-of-flowers-botanical-animation-azuma-makoto
- Simple gardening activities for all ages (tomato in a bag video coming Thursday)
- Bean Bags (YouTube) and Instruction Sheet (PDF)
- Native Tree Seed Observation (YouTube) and Instruction Sheet (PDF)
- How to Establish a Straw Bale Garden, Part I: Site Selection and Prep (YouTube) and Instruction Sheet
- How to Grow Microgreens Indoors (YouTube) and Instruction Sheet
- Seed Tape (YouTube) and Instruction Sheet
- Jump Start Spring, Forcing Branches Indoors (YouTube)
- Hardening off seedlings
Have a great week!