Tanglewood Residential Camps
We don’t think there’s anything quite like time at summer camp: from making friends to learning skills, each day at camp is filled with possibilities. Our traditional overnight camps are “unplugged”, to help campers experience friendships, outdoor discovery; develop their self-confidence and a sense of belonging. We aim to create a sense of community at camp, fostering creativity and mutual respect.
A typical day offers a lot of choices at camp. From family-style meals (with lots of different freshly-prepared things to try) to plenty of different activities each day, and week-long focus programs. There are usually about 6 options, covering everything from creative arts, gardening and cooking, wilderness skills, ecology, STEM, drama, and archery.
Campers can enjoy hikes, pond study, court and field sports, swim instruction, creative art projects, cultural activities, woodworking, music, cooking, and water games! We try to make sure there’s enough variety at each elective period so that everyone can find something they would like to do. There is also plenty of time for swimming, playing field games, or just relaxing with new friends during recreation time. Creative evening programs include the entire camp community, culminating with a big campfire on the last evening of the session.
By bedtime, most campers are ready for a good night’s sleep!
Set in the middle of around 940 acres of state forest, Tanglewood has a lot of natural spaces to explore. The Ducktrap River is great for a refreshing dip (water games too!), we have a nearby canoeing site and often take trips to nearby beaches, hills in the wider Camden Hills State Park or our large organic garden.
Campers stay in cabins with up to 8 other campers of similar age, and two counselors. Cabin groups get to do a lot of things together, including create a skit for a big campfire on the last evening of camp, and are where a lot of long-lasting friendships are made.
Ages: 8-14 Cost: $625.00 FAQ & Packing Lists
|June 24-29, 2018||July 1-6, 2018||July 22-27, 2018|
|July 29-August 3, 2018||August 5-10, 2018||August 12-17, 2018|
Our mini-camps are special three-day camp sessions giving 8–11 year olds who might not feel ready for a full week away at camp the chance to enjoy the experiences and joys of our residential camp. These unique program features nature exploration, group games, swimming, crafts, exciting evening programs, sleeping in a cabin, making friends and lots of fun! Sessions run Sunday at 2:30 PM (registration) through Tuesday at 4:45 PM, closing circle.
Ages: 8-11 Cost: $285.00 FAQ & Packing List
Program Dates: June 24-26, 2018 July 1-3, 2018
Two Week Session
If you’re looking for a longer camp experience, Tanglewood’s 2-week sessions are the answer! With 12 days to play, there’s all the fun of our single-week sessions + some extras….
- Beach day. A whole-camp beach adventure, with all of camp packing their bags and heading out for a day or evening at the ocean.
- Cabin night. You + your cabin mates + fun! Not only do we go all-out in creating an extra-fancy meal for dinner, but after that your cabin group gets the entire evening to do something special together. A lot of amazing things have been dreamt up in the past including tenting out, baking brownies, an evening at the beach and much, much more.
- TANGLEWOODSTOCK and TANGLEPALOOZA, celebrations of the summertime. After an afternoon of fun on the field we set about creating a special evening, usually including talent shows and live music.
- There’s sure to be theme days, special guests, day-long adventures and more—but a lot of that will have to be a surprise.
- Camper-inspired speciality programming: it truly is your camp! Since we’re together for 2 whole weeks, we have the ability to create one-of-a-kind programs just for you based on your interests. What can you imagine?
Ages: 8-14 Cost: $1,306.00 FAQ & Packing List
Program Dates: July 8-19, 2018 August 5-17, 2018