Skip to main navigation
Skip to site navigation
Skip to content
Make Your Own: Grain Bowl
Grain + Vegetables + Protein + Sauce
- Select one cup of brown rice, white rice, quinoa, couscous or whole wheat pasta
- Choose ½ cup or more of steamed, sauteed or roasted bell peppers, onions, winter squash, broccoli, carrots, zucchini or mushrooms
- Choose 2–3 ounces of cooked chicken, turkey, ground beef or poultry, ham or beans (kidney, black or cannellini)
Sauces, seasonings or garnish
- Add ¼–½ cup of sauce, seasoning or garnish to your grain bowl
- Teriyaki or sweet and sour sauce
- Taco sauce or salsa
- Marinara, tomato sauce or alfredo sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Choose foods from each category above.
- At the bottom of your bowl, start with 1 cup of grain.
- Add vegetables.
- Add a layer of lean, cooked protein or beans.
- Top with a sauce, toppings, spice or a mixture of these toppings.