Make Your Own: Skillet Sauté
Vegetables + Seasoning + Protein + Rice
Make Your Own Skillet Sauté Recipe!
Use our “Make My Recipe” form to customize and print or share your recipe (or receive a copy via email).
- 3 cups sliced fresh vegetables (mix up any combination of summer squash,
zucchini or green peppers)
- 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
Seasoning – select one or more
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1–2 cloves minced garlic
- 1–2 teaspoons mixed dried herbs (basil, thyme, oregano)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Protein – select ONE
- 2 cups cooked dry beans or one can of beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked ground beef, turkey or chicken
- 2 cups cooked and diced chicken, turkey, ham, lean beef or lean pork
- ½ cup uncooked instant white rice with 1 cup water or broth
- Select food(s) from each category above.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add vegetables and seasoning. Stir.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 5–10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked protein, rice, and water.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 20 minutes.
Recipe Ingredients and Instructions to Download and Print: Make Your Own Skillet Sauté (PDF)